Floyd Conference Center
The Floyd Conference Center is available for meetings pertaining to the health care industry, local civic and business organizations Hospital programs have priority over other meetings held in the conference center facilities.
Meeting rooms are intended for use by local civic/business organizations and community groups. The users of the meeting rooms are responsible for their meeting materials, including flip charts, paper, etc. Compliance with all applicable state and local laws must be met, including fire codes, occupancy limitations, and noise ordinances.
Meeting room users are responsible for restoring the rooms to their original arrangement at the end of their meetings. Meeting room users must take with them everything they bring to the meeting, supplies, and materials, etc. Meeting rooms must be left in a clean and orderly condition. Failure to do so may result in denial of future requests.
No sign, decoration, nor any other object may be affixed to any wall, window, column, door, screen, window shade, ceiling, cabinet or any other surface in the room or anywhere else in the building.
No candles or other incendiary materials may be used.
Food and/or beverages may not be brought in from the outside.
Showers, wedding receptions, birthday parties, sorority and fraternity parties, and similar social events are not permitted.
No Pets are allowed.
Guest will be responsible for making arrangement for any decorations/floral arrangements.
Permission to use the Floyd Conference Center may be denied to any individual, group, or organization that fails to comply with the Facility Usage Policy and that damages the room, carpet, equipment, furniture, or causes a disturbance.
The applicant and sponsoring group/organization are responsible for safety and order. The Floyd Conference Center is not responsible for damage, loss, or theft of personal property, nor is it responsible for items left in its facilities. Storage space is not available.
- Applicants must submit a completed Facility Application Form. Individuals making the application must be at least eighteen years old and county residents.
- The application form and all applicable fees must be received and approved by the Chief Operating Officer of Carolinas Hospital System.
- It is recommended facility reservations are made one month in advance to assure availability. Reservations are made by calling (843) 674-2601 between 8:00 - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Meetings may be scheduled as early as six months in advance unless it is a recurring meeting approved by the hospital.
- Notice of cancellation should be made as soon as possible. Failure to provide notice of cancellation on two (2) occasions may result in loss of meeting room use and deposit. If you are engaging our catering services, changes and/or cancellations in the guaranteed number of guests must be made not less than 48 hours before the scheduled function. If you have ordered a special menu and/or service level, changes and/or cancellations in the guaranteed number of guests must be made not less than 5 days before the scheduled function. Cancellations with less than these prescribed limits may result in charges for any cost incurred.
- Groups/organizations may not assign their reservations to others.
- Persons signing the Facility Application Form are legally responsible for the proper use of Conference Center equipment.
- The Conference Center provides IS technical assistance on a fee for service basis. Technical assistance is staff assistance with a presentation or the operation of equipment.
- The associated fee must accompany the Facility Application Form. Requests for staff assistance must also accompany the application form.
- The Conference Center may assess charges for damages to Conference Center equipment.
A Usage/Cleaning Fee will be charged for the Conference Center to cover cleaning and use of the designated area and/or utilities. Groups/organizations must assume all responsibility for damage to the Conference Center and equipment. The Floyd Conference Center is not responsible for supplies, equipment, or other items owned and used by individuals and group/organizations in the Conference Center. A deposit is requested with completed application in order to confirm reservation.