Surgery Center of Florence
Presenting the Pee Dee’s new, advanced outpatient surgical facility.
Freedom Medical Plaza, 3rd Floor
1580 Freedom Blvd., Suite 300
Florence, SC 29505
For billing information, please call (843) 674-6700.
For scheduling information, please call (843) 674-2854.
Download Surgery Center brochure.
Physicians’ Surgery Center of Florence offers a advanced ambulatory surgical facility in a convenient location with easy access and ample parking.
Set in a park-like environment and constructed in a manner that preserved beautiful existing trees, the surgical center occupies the top floor of the new 58,000 square foot Freedom Medical Plaza building on Freedom Boulevard in Florence.
Physician offices are located on the first two floors for maximum convenience and efficiency for both patients and doctors.
Physicians’ Surgery Center of Florence is dedicated to providing the best in technology, facilities and service to health care consumers.
Physicians’ Surgery Center of Florence encompasses the following specialties:
- Cosmetic Surgery
- General Surgery
Pre-registration and Pre-Op Assessment: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – 3rd Floor.
We accept all major insurance carriers, credit cards, cash and checks.
Points to Remember
- The Surgery Center opens at 6 a.m. We encourage our patients to arrive at the Center 1 hour before their scheduled time unless your surgery is schedule for 7 a.m. or directed to do otherwise by your physician. Please see the back of this booklet for a map to our facility.
- If your physical condition changes (cold or fever, for example), notify your physician as soon as possible.
- Please follow your physician’s specific instruction related to preparing for surgery.
- Following general anesthesia or sedation, you MUST NOT drive. You must arrange to have transportation and to have a responsible adult accompany you at the time of discharge. Please note that your surgery may be cancelled if arrangements have not been made for a ride home and for someone to stay with you.
- A pre-admission nurse and registration clerk will attempt to call you one or two days prior to surgery. They will request information to ensure proper billing. Payment of co-pays/deductibles is expected on the day of surgery. Please note that your surgeon, anesthesiologist, radiologist/pathologist will bill separately.
- If the patient is under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian must sign the consent forms before treatment can begin and should remain at the Center for the entire visit. If applicable, please bring proof of guardianship or Medical Power of Attorney.
- If you own any of the following items and will need them after surgery, please bring them with you: crutches, walker, cane, brace, immobilizer or sling.
Preparing for Surgery
- Do bring a written list of the names and dosages of your current medications. Do not forget to list your medication allergies.
- Do take a bath or shower the morning of surgery. Please wear loose fitting clothes for your comfort.
- Do bring your health insurance card.
- Do bring your medical directives/living will. A copy will be made and placed in your medical record.
- Do not eat or drink anything (including water, coffee, gum, candy and mints) before your surgery unless otherwise directed by your physician.
- Do not wear cosmetics, jewelry or contact lenses. Bring a protective case for glasses.
- Other than your co-pay or deductible, do not bring money, credit cards, jewelry or valuables.
Going Home on the Day of Your Surgery
- You must arrange to have a responsible person drive you to and from the Surgery Center on the day of your surgery.
- Please make arrangements for someone to stay with you for at least 24 hours unless your physician requires a longer time.