Open Heart Surgery
Coronary artery bypass surgery is an impressive feat of modern medicine. At Carolinas Hospital System, our highly specialized cardiac surgical team performs the complete range of surgical procedures, including off-pump coronary artery bypass and valve replacements.
Two fully-equipped, state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization laboratories enable cardiologists to provide a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including:
- Angioplasty - opening narrowed arteries with balloons
- Stent Placement - keeping damaged arteries open with tiny, metal mesh tubes
- Rotablation (Ablation) - removing arterial plaque build-up
- Pacemaker Implantation - to treat irregular heart rhythms
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) - more exacting than arteriography, this highly advanced procedure allows cardiologists to view the inside of arteries using a tiny probe.
Cardiac / Thoracic / Vascular Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Valve Surgery
- A-fib Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG),
- Off Pump Coronary Artery Bypass (OPCAB)
- Transmyocardial Revascularization (TMR)
- Surgical Ventricular Restoration (SVR)
- Mitral Valve Replacement (MVR)
- Aortic Valve Replacement (AVR)
- Subxiphoid Pericardial Windows (SPW)
- Video Assisted Thoracoscopic (VAT)
- Pulmonary Resections
- Talc Pleurodesis (for patients with Malignant Pleural Effusions).
- Esophageal Surgery
- Endobronchial Ultrasound
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Carotid Endarterectomy(CEA)
- Open Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repairs (AAA)
- Endovascular AAA Repairs
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery (Fempops, Femdistals)
- Carotid Artery Stent
These comprehensive programs help individuals who can benefit from specific therapy for heart or lung problems. Our experienced team of specialists works with participants on an individual basis to greatly improve their quality of life.